Plant a Tree!
How Does Tree Planting Halt
Global Warming? Planting a tree can have so many positive affects it is
nothing short of beautiful. From combating pollution to being a noise
barrier, planting a tree has many beneficial ways of giving back to
Mother Nature. Here listed below are some of the benefits of planting a
tree to include being a great learning experience for children.
- In 50 years one tree recycles more
than $37,000 worth of water, provides $31,000 worth of erosion
control, $62,000 worth of air pollution control, and produces
$37,000 worth of oxygen.
- Two mature trees provide enough oxygen
for a family of four.
- Trees help reduce the "greenhouse
effect" by absorbing CO2.
- Forest planting is one of the most
cost-effective ways of reducing CO2. To remove 1 pound of CO2,
planting trees costs less than 1 cent, developing more energy
efficient appliances costs about 2 1/2 cents, and developing more
fuel-efficient cars costs about 10 cents.
- By cooling the air and ground around
them, the shade from trees helps cool the Earth's temperature.
- Trees are good noise barriers, making
a city and neighborhood quieter.
- Trees help prevent city flooding by
catching raindrops and offsetting runoff caused by buildings and
- Hospital patients heal faster, require
shorter stays and less painkillers if room windows face trees.
- A tree-line buffer between fields and
streams helps remove farming pollutants before they reach the water.
- Well placed trees help cut energy
costs and consumption by decreasing air conditioning costs 10-50%
& reducing heating costs as much as 4-22%.
- Trees are the longest living and
largest living organisms on Earth.
- People who plant trees become
healthier, better looking, richer, and have more friends (well maybe
that's stretching it a bit) - plant a tree and find out!
- In deserts, leaves absorb moisture
from the dew and frost of the cool nights and release it to cool the
air during the warm days.
- Trees enhance the aesthetics of our
environment. Their grandeur, tenacity, and beauty are probably the
most enjoyable aspect of trees.
- Tree bark and fruit have many
medicinal properties, which are still being discovered.
- Birds and animals use trees for their
homes and shelter and as a source of food.